Port Moody Police Victim Services Unit provides information, support and referrals to those impacted by crime of trauma in our community.
Victims of crime and trauma experience and manifest various symptoms due to a critical incident. We see individuals presenting with a variety of needs and issues and respond to each unique scenario with professionalism, empathy, and the skills required to both support and educate those affected.
Victim Services is here to assist victims, survivors, family members and witnesses of crime and trauma in situations pertaining to:
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Assaults
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Sudden Death
- Threats/Criminal Harassment
- Family Conflict
- Elderly Abuse
- Other criminal and traumatic incidents
The Victim Services unit responds to immediate crisis situations when requested by police members to attend on scene. Professional staff and trained volunteers will provide emotional support, information and referrals to community resources.
- Guidance and referrals for those affected directly or indirectly by a criminal incident or traumatic event.
Resources and Referrals
- Our unit collaborates with many community partners to assist the client through their ordeals
- Assist with Safety Planning
- Police file updates
- Assistance negotiating the criminal justice system
Court Support Services
- Assist with court orientation and preparation
- Assist with court accompaniment and support
- Assist with liaising with Crown Counsel
To provide victims of crime and/or other traumatic events with the means to re-establish a sense of normalcy in their lives through coordinated and supportive community and Criminal Justice System networks. Victim Services personnel are committed to provide services in a knowledgeable and sensitive manner, while adhering to all mandated polices, guidelines, and procedures.